Pages

Thursday 24 December 2020

Making A Dam

So for today's activity we had to make and design a dam. I decided to make my dam like a beaver. Using the same natural resources they use too. I am not sure whether it will be effective or not. Every piece I've added to my dam has a roll for a example. 

The logs are to be used as a wooden wall. It is the main part of the dam. The mud sticks everything together. The leaves stick to the mud and logs to give some extra coverage, and to make sure nothing spills out. Lastly the rocks are used to stop everything from falling. The rocks are something for the logs to lean on. It also helps some water.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rasheed!
    It's me Daphnee from Hay Park school.
    This is so cool, you really did a great job.
    Just make sure that you put your photo smaller so it won't cover you profile.

    Daphnee Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Rasheed,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter for the Summer Learning Journey.

    This activity was fun as you had to put on your thinkers cap and find materials that are natural and sturdy enough to form a dam, using beavers as inspiration is a great idea as they are natures dam builders!

    I think your design looks great and sturdy and I am sure it would hold up well assuming that the mud is strongs and the rocks hold. I would like to know if you used any drafts or blueprints for this idea and if you did could you add them to your post.

    Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.